Pertamina diverts 16 tankers to Flores after quake knocks out Reo terminal
State-owned oil firm Pertamina sent 16 tankers from Bima to Labuan Bajo on Flores island after a 15 August quake damaged the Reo fuel terminal, its regional unit said on Wednesday.
Source: ANTARA News · August 19, 2026 at 12:01 PM · AI-assisted report
Single-source
KUALA LUMPUR, 19 AUGUST 2026 —
Listen to this article
DomainFork Audio · read aloud
State-owned oil firm Pertamina sent 16 tankers from Bima to Labuan Bajo on Flores island after a 15 August quake damaged the Reo fuel terminal, its regional unit said on Wednesday.
Market Impact
The tankers arrived on Thursday and are refilling small coastal terminals on Flores that can still accept deliveries by ship, according to Ahad Rahedi, Area Manager for Communications and CSR at Pertamina Patra Niaga’s East Java, Bali and Nusa Tenggara region.
The Reo terminal remains shut while engineers check the damaged jetty used for fuel unloading. Pertamina has shifted supplies to three nearby terminals—Larantuka, Maumere and Ende—and the Bima hub is now the staging point for road deliveries across northern Flores, including Labuan Bajo.
Ahad said Pertamina had already moved 11 Bima-based tankers by ferry to Labuan Bajo and other parts of Flores, but those vehicles only carry 8-16 kilolitres and ferry space is limited. After discharging in Labuan Bajo, the smaller tankers returned to Bima.
To ease the bottleneck, Pertamina brought in 15-kilolitre tankers small enough to carry 16 units on a single ferry run. The company said it will keep rerouting fuel until the Reo terminal is repaired.
“Our priority is to keep supplies flowing to communities hit by the quake,” Ahad said.